When developing a KM strategy it sure helps to have a checklist of key issues.
Key KM decisions:
* Do we support dialog and encourage conversations or capture & organize explicit content?
* Should we focus on knowledge areas or refining process and embeding practices?
* Will we be technology push vs. culture led?
* Is our core driver process or practice?
* Should we be driven by questions (exploration) or by sharing what and who we know?
* Do we believe in personalisation or codification?
* Should we attend to explicit or tacit knowledge?
* Can ignore knowledge assets and intellectual capital and focus on innovation and knowledge creation?
* Is our focus external (customers and competition) vs. internal (communities and processes)
* Do we start with data mining existing information or create new knowledge?
I'm sure you have many more to add - have at it!