What are the 5 most critical issues facing Knowledge Leaders today? [ranked by importance]
- a) Cultivating awareness of the knowledge imperative and advantage in our connected, global economy
- b) Connecting (local) knowledge actions with the (overall) business direction
- c) Building a culture that encourages the creation of new knowledge and making sharing happen
- d) Moving conversations into virtual space to surface assumptions, extend reach, improve brainstorming and leverage many to many communication
- e) Selecting a suitable, stable, scaleable technology to support a people centric knowledge strategy
What are the 5 most critical issues facing Knowledge Leaders over the next 3-5 years? [ranked by importance]
- a) Taking a successful KM strategy to all stakeholders (suppliers, customers and investors)
- b) Making knowledge work invisible - i.e. so well integrated it becomes a part of who we are and what we do!
- c) Building relationships so knowledge can flow, but keeping key inventions tacit to prevent leakage
- d) Crafting ontologies (taxonomies) so firms can use the emergent technology of meta-inference and apply advanced search & intelligent agents
- e) Keeping the focus on core KM issues(learning, collaboration, relationships, dialog, critical thinking) when the next management fad (complexity?) arrives
Posted 11/21/2001 - has anything really changed??